IT Hardware Technician I
Service and Support
Assistant Service Delivery Manager
The IT Hardware Technician I is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Basic to intermediate technical support at the network level.
- Basic to intermediate remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation maintenance and review in ticketing system
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Asst. Service Delivery Manager to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require higher level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ticketing system as it occurs
- Understand processes in ticketing system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ticketing system training module
- Enter all work as service tickets into ticketing system
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
- This position may require being on-call 24×7 at times to address alerts generated by network monitoring system to ensure timely response to critical off-hour client related issues.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- A+ Required
- Network+ or Security+ Preferred
- Two years of computer systems or network related experience.
Physical and Other Requirements
SEND US YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
- Substantial periods of work utilizing a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Possess reliable transportation to work outside of standard work hours when needed
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds (from time to time)