IT Hardware Technician II
Service and Support
Service Delivery Manager
The Hardware Technician II is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software, as well as some line of business applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT support and troubleshooting relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as operating systems.
- Implement, troubleshoot and support workstations, servers, and printers.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Intermediate troubleshooting of hardware and client line of business applications.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system configurations and software setup.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Act as a point of contact in place of our clients to help resolve issues related to vendor hardware and software.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Work with Service Delivery Manager to document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities as well as any client support processes and procedures.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ticketing system as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in ticketing system that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in ticketing system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ticketing system training module
- Enter all work as service tickets into ticketing system
- When in doubt escalate for clarification
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Willingness to help fellow co-workers to resolve client issues in an effective and accurate manner
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- MCSA Required
- A+, Net+ Required
- Project+ or Security+ Preferred
Two years of computer systems or network related experience.
Physical and Other Requirements
SEND US YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
- Substantial periods of work utilizing a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Possess reliable transportation to work outside of standard work hours when needed
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds (from time to time)